Saturday 14 January 2017

MMM Returns, Mavros in Kogi celebrate

Following the recent come back of controversial Ponzi scheme, Mavrodi Mondial Movement (MMM) over a hundred thousand persons in Kogi state who invested in the scheme were seen jubilating across various relaxation centres in the state.

Mr. Isiah Sunday, a retired policeman told Kogi Reports that he had been through a lot of anxiety in the last few weeks following the freezing of the site. "I invested about N50,000 into MMM and I fainted when I read on news sites that the site had crashed, I have been praying and fasting for many days, God has answered my prayers MMM is back" he said.

Another Mavro, Omoniyi Muyiwa who is a 200 level student of Kogi State University, Anyingba said  that he had invested his pocket money and funds he borrowed from friends into the scheme, all which amounted to N100,000. "My plan was to pay back my friends after I got my 30% interest and then use the remaing money to upgrade my room on campus, I have learnt my lesson with MMM, once I get my money back from MMM, I will never partake in any Ponzi scheme again".

Mr. Uchenna Okoye a businessman was seen celebrating with friends and well wishers at a popular drinking spot in the states capital, Lokoja. He revealed that he had invested N1,500,000 in the scheme. "I had almost become hypertensive when I had MMM crashed with my money, MMM na you biko! Jesus I thank you! he was heard to be saying.

However there are some pundits who still believe that that the scheme is time bomb living on borrowed time. One of those persons is Mrs Abigail Adukwu who believes that any business that is based on a Ponzi pyramid is doomed to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment