Thursday 5 January 2017

Not a very happy new year


In the last few years I have always been enthusiastic about starting the new year but for some reason, I feel listless and with no ounce of motivation to start the new year. I have also been lazy to the point of self disgust, I have the flu and i'm generally just depressed.

Looks like my colleague didnt get the memo because for some reason she suddenly thinks i'm her competition. Usually I indulge her but right now I could care less, right now i'm battling with demons that weren't there in 2016.

My Boss said every year is pretty much the same as the last year, it's what you do differently that makes that year new. To prove this theory he has changed the sitting arrangement in his office. I wish I could say the same thing about myself.

Getting out of bed is a chore, doing my laundry is a chore, I have laundry waiting for me since 2016. I have orders from customers I haven't touched.

What is wrong with me? what is wrong with me? this is a new year, I should have laid down plans for what I want to achieve this year by now. I should be battle ready, I should be in the spirit of hustle.

My faince (God bless his heart) has been his sweet self although he doesn't understand why I let my phone ring 5 times before I pick his call or why I always want to hang up after talking for a few minutes. I used to talk with him on the phone for hours, what's wrong with me. I used to love hearing his voice.

I'm not ready for 2017 but for some reason everyone is so excited about the new year. All this happiness is draining.


No comments:

Post a Comment